'Obama's insurance policy': DC chuckles after GOP congressman rules out impeaching Obama because – 'Have you met Joe Biden?'
- Trey Gowdy said his party can't impeach the president over his threatened immigration overhaul – but only because Biden would become president
- The folksy Biden wants the top job for himself but Republicans see him as a potentially embarrassing one-man gaffe factory
- One senior House GOP aide said Biden is 'two floppy shoes short of a complete clown outfit' and Obama's 'insurance policy'
- Gowdy hinted that impeachment is being dangled by the White House as bait in the hope that the GOP will destroy its own credibility by trying it
- A Texas Republican congressman and a judge-turned-news-analyst floated the idea this week