'We're not going to deport you': Obama announces amnesty for millions of 'anchor baby' parents and illegal immigrant children – as long as they've been in US for five years
- Obama addressed the nation to outline a new executive order that will allow millions of illegal immigrants to remain in the country
- New plan has enraged Republicans who say he lacks the constitutional authority to pick and choose which to deport
- Illegal immigrants can't apply for months and no one who arrived after January 1, 2010 is eligible
- President acknowledges that it's a temporary fix and demands help from Congress to make it permanent
- Anyone who takes advantage of the program will have to pass criminal and national security background checks, pay their taxes, pay a fee and prove their eligibility
- Two Republican aides complained about an 'amnesty' for people who came to the US illegally and then had children here – calling their children 'anchor babies'