WHAT LANDSLIDE? Obama threatens vetoes and executive orders – including immigration reform THIS YEAR – after Americans reject him by giving Republicans historic gains in Congress
- 'Congress will pass some bills I cannot sign,' the president warned
- He has only vetoed two minor bills since his inauguration in 2009
- And 'I'll take some actions that some in Congress will not like,' Obama added, referring to threatened executive orders
- Those include a bold move on immigration 'before the end of the year'
- President sounded more like a winner than a loser despite his policies being repudiated on a national scale
- Never articulated a single policy where he would shift his position to align with GOP majorities in both houses of Congress