Quantcast
Tom Cruise confirms ‘Top Gun 2’ is happening

Tom Cruise confirms ‘Top Gun 2’ is happening

NEW YORK POST reports:

Looks like Tom Cruise still has the need for speed!

After years of speculation, the actor confirmed Tuesday that “Top Gun 2” is officially happening.

“It’s true. Yea, it’s true,” he said during an interview on the Australian morning show, Sunrise.

“I’m going to start filming it, probably in the next year,” the 54-year-old added, with a big grin across his face.

“It’s happening, it is definitely happening.”

Cruise — who is promoting his upcoming re-boot of “The Mummy” — has been dodging Top Gun 2 rumors for decades. But he was bombarded with even more questions last year about the possibility of a sequel as fans celebrated the 30th anniversary of the film.

“We’re discussing it,” Cruise told Graham Norton back in October. “We’re trying to figure it out.”

The comments came months after Top Gun producer Jerry Bruckheimer tweeted out a picture of Cruise and himself following a weekend of discussing “a little Top Gun 2.”

Val Kilmer, who starred alongside Cruise as Lt. Tom “Iceman” Kazanski, has previously floated the idea of reprising his role — should there ever be a sequel.

“Hell yes,” the actor told a Reddit user during an AMA earlier this year, after being asked if he would agree to be in the sequel.

“What a hoot it will be,” he said. “(Cruise) was a sweetheart.”



SUICIDE BOMBER IDENTIFIED AS SALMAN ABEDI, 23... Girl, 8, killed in Manchester Arena... Frantic parents hunt for missing kids... 'Skin and blood everywhere'...

SUICIDE BOMBER IDENTIFIED AS SALMAN ABEDI, 23... Girl, 8, killed in Manchester Arena... Frantic parents hunt for missing kids... 'Skin and blood everywhere'...

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES The horrifying scene comes as the death toll has risen to 22 people - including children - with 59 others injured

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES The horrifying scene comes as the death toll has risen to 22 people - including children - with 59 others injured