TERROR IN SWEDEN! "There Are Dead People In The Street" - Truck Rams Into Crowd In Stockholm "Terror Attack"
- Five are dead and dozens more hurt after a masked man hijacked a beer truck and ploughed into crowds outside Stockholm's largest shopping centre
- Three men were seen leaping from the lorry and opening fire on officers and pedestrians at around 3pm
- Two terror suspects have reportedly been arrested after shootout - although moments ago in a press conferecne the police denied any detentions - while a third gunman may be hiding in city's Central Station
- Prime Minister Stefan Lofven says the truck crash 'is an act of terror' and asks people to stay off the streets
* * *
Update 12:01 pm: In a press briefing, the Swedish police says that there have been no arrests made after the truck incident in Stockholm. It said it can’t confirm number of casualties or injured after the attack; refers to hospitals, and added that it is not “not in contact” with truck driver, or drivers.
Other details per Bloomberg:
- The police also showed the below image of a person of interest, tied to the place of the truck crash around time of incident.
- The Swedish Security Service has activated the international network.
- Police has strengthened presence throughout country
- No incidents after truck attack
- Sweden had no indicitions that attack would come, Military not called in
- Police comments in media briefing on the Stockholm attack
Update 11:25 am: While reports that a suspect has been arrested have been denied so far by the police, moments ago a clip was released which allegedly shows the moment a terror suspect is wrestled to floor by Swedish police after attack. An arrest has yet to be confirmed, as SVT state television reports that the truck driving suspect is still at large.
Update 11:02 am: Another statement from the Swedish police, which said it currently cannot rule out that attack in Stockholm is an act of terror, given recent events in the rest of Europe. The police refutes a previous report, and say that no one has yet been arrested. They also note that there are reports of gun shots from different parts of Stockholm, although police can’t currently confirm those.
They add that many people are injured, and there are also deaths and that as reported earlier, Stockholm’s central station has been evacuated
Update 10:26 am: A video of the immediate aftermath from the attack has emerged:
* * *
Update 10:05 am: The Swedish Security Service says a ‘large number’ of people have been injured in the truck incident in central Stockholm. At least two people have been confirmed dead. The Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven says one person has been arrested, according to Ekot. Newspaper Aftonbladet reports that the Spendrups truck that drove into people was hijacked, while Expressen says three armed med jumped out of the truck.
* * *
Update 9:58 am: per the latest reports, up to 5 people have been killed with one of the suspects reportedly in custody, while Prime Minister Lofven says that the incident is a "terror attack." As of this moment, all subway traffic in Stockholm has been shutdown.
* * *
Update 9:52am: according to Expressen, three armed men jumped out of the truck that hit people at the department store. Additionally, Swedish police is urging people to stay away from Stockholm City.