UPDATES: LONDONISTAN RAMPAGE: 7 DEAD, 45+ INJURED... UK HOLDS BACK NAMES OF JIHADI KILLERS...
LONDONISTAN RAMPAGE: 7 DEAD, 45+ INJURED...
UK HOLDS BACK NAMES OF JIHADI KILLERS...
Terrorist had twice been referred to police over his extremist views...
DAYS BEFORE GENERAL ELECTION...
'RUN, HIDE, TELL'...
'Lack of pattern' puts officials on edge...
Trump urges end to political correctness...
MAY SLAMS INTERNET COMPANIES FOR ALLOWING TERROR IDEOLOGY ONLINE...
Calls For International Regulations...
- "Multiple" casualties after two terrorist attacks took place in London on Saturday night; police have responded to attacks on London Bridge and Borough Market
- At least two people have been killed amid confirmed knife attacks, gunfire, at least 20 injured.
- The attacks started when a white van drove into Pedestrians on London Bridge around 10:30pm on Saturday.
- 'I saw a man with a large blade': witnesses describe the attack after the van attack.
- There have been multiple reports of rapid gunfire in what one witness described as “Westminster all over again”.
- BBC reports that two attackers were gunned down, and believed killed, by armed police.
- Another 3 attackers thought to still be on the run, the BBC adds.
- According to BBC eyewitness, the attackers shouted "this is for Allah"
- Theresa May and the Met Police have declared the attacks are being treated as acts of terror
* * *
Update 8:40 pm. BBC reports that two attackers are believed to have been gunned down - believed killed - by armed police, The Sun says citing witnesses. Another three attackers are thought to still be on the run, the newspaper adds.
* * *
Update 8:33 pm. A BBC eyewitness says the terrorist shouted "this is for Allah". There has been no additional information on the origin or ethnicity of the attackers.
* * *
Update 7:15 pm
Reports have emerged that ISIS has taken responsibility for the attack
* * *
Update 6:55 p m
BBC reports that multiple people have been killed in the various incidents in London,
* * *
Update: 6:42 pm
According to a BBC reporter at the scene, police are now searching for three possibly armed suspects. According to Sky News, citing Scotland Yard, there has been a third separate incident in the Vauxhall region in South London. The BBC also adds that it can confirm earlier reports of gunshots being fired. Reports suggest it may have been more than one incident:
- A van hitting people at London Bridge and three people then jumping out of the vehicle and attacking members of the public;
- A separate incident at Borough Market
- Police have now said they are responding to a third incident in Vauxhall
It is understood that police are looking for three suspects who may be armed.
* * *
Separately, an eyewitness told LBC radio what he saw tonight. The taxi driver said: "A van came from London Bridge itself, went between the traffic light system and rammed it towards the steps. It knocked loads of people down.
"Then three men got out with long blades, 12 inches long and went randomly along Borough High Street stabbing people at random."
* * *
Sean Spicer confirms that the president is being kept informed about the incident.
Additionally, according to police there has been a second incident at Borough Market, as police are now dealing with two separate incidents, London Bridge and Borough Market.
* * *
In what appears to be a repeat of the deadly March 22 terrorist attack on Westminster Bridge in London, on Saturday night a white van rammed into as many as 15-20 pedestrians as "several people mowed down" on London Bridge in central London in what has been dubbed a "major incident." The incident happened at 10.30pm on Saturday. According to preliminary reports there have been at least 6 victims, and a cabdriver on the bridge has reported he saw a stabbing man. About five people were being treated for injuries after the vehicle mounted the pavement and hit them, she said.
Scotland Yard reports that in addition to the car ramming, London police say they have also responded to an incident at Borough Market; armed officers at scene. It is unclear if the two incidents are releated.
Several eyewitness accounts have emerged which suggest there have been multiple casualties, with bodies strewn across the pavement. Others reports that several people are receiving emergency treatment after being stabbed. One woman told the Sun; "We had to run there was loads of shooting".
BBC reporter Holly Jones, who was on the bridge at the time of the incident, said the white van was driven by a male driver and was "probably travelling at about 50 miles an hour - veered of the road into the crowds of people who were walking along the pavement," she told BBC News.". The van, which was travelling from the direction of central London, headed towards the south side of the river.
According to Will Heaven, managing editor of the Spectator, a man crashed into people on the bridgge, "then there was stabbing attack." Heaven also notes that "it seemed south side of London Bridge epicenter of what seems a terrorist attack. We have been escorted by police from bridge." He adds that "what I saw: injured pedestrians, first responders, armed police, people running north. What I heard of: stabbings, injured."
According to Sky News, "all the information points in the direction of another terrorist attack."
So far there has been no official statement from the Metropolitan Police other than a Twitter message posted at 10.28pm which stated: "We are dealing with an incident on #LondonBridge, when we have more information we will update this twitter feed”.