Patient burned after 'farting' during surgery, causing laser to burst into flames...
A patient has been left badly burnt after she farted during surgery and caused a laser to burst into flames.
The unnamed woman, in her 30s, was undergoing surgery at Tokyo Medical University Hospital which involved a laser being applied to her cervix.
But as the operation was being carried out in the Shinjuku Ward she passed wind - sparking a fire, according to Japanese newspaper The Ashai Shimbun.
She was left screaming in agony after the fire burnt most of her body, waist and legs, according to a report into the incident.
The horrifying event happened on April 15 this year at the hospital in the Japanese capital.