Updated Total Delegate Count for Presidential Candidates
I’m sure most people in the know already figured that front runners Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton were leading in the delegate count.
However, here’s the total number for every remaining GOP and Democrat candidate after last night’s primaries in Idaho, Hawaii, Michigan, and Mississippi…
1. Hillary Clinton: 760 delegates (88 gained), plus an additional 461 superdelegates
2. Bernie Sanders: 546 (69 gained), plus an additional 25 superdelegates
1. Donald Trump: 458 delegates (74 gained)
2. Ted Cruz: 359 delegates (59 gained)
3. Marco Rubio: 151 delegates (0 gained)
4. John Kasich: 54 (17 gained)
The Democrat nominee must accumulate 2,383 total delegates, while the Republican needs to get to 1,237.
It’s possible that no Republican hopeful will grab the full number, which will lead to an interesting brokered convention in a few months time.
Despite losing Michigan last night, Hillary will walk away with more delegates from the state.