A few [frustrating] words about the ads on RedFlagNews.com
All of us Internet addicts feel that web ads are the bane of our existence.
No, we don’t want to watch a 30-second ad before we get to watch that YouTube clip.
No, we don’t like it when one of the many tabs we have open in our browser suddenly and mysteriously starts playing a video ad.
And no, we don’t want to see any more of those dancing people or the jiggling belly fat.
One of the reasons that publishers have not removed these annoyances from our lives is that readers and consumers of other media are loath to pay subscription fees.
More and more each day, emails and comments I receive are about the [many, annoying, inappropriate, intrusive, etc] advertisements on this website. I hear you, and am equally frustrated! Our website relies on internet advertisements to pay the bills, so that you can read it for free. Server costs, maintenance, research, legal fees, and creating content all cost a lot of money, and without advertising revenue, our site may fade from existence. We are real people with jobs and families.
With that said, I also know the ad-free user experience of RedFlagNews.com you and I would like to have in a perfect world. To address this issue of ads we hate on a website we love, I've outlined a few options you have today until we go live with our new website and app, which will be the most complete, ad-free news aggregation experience on the web:
- If you'd like an ad-free experience, we recommend that you visit RedFlagNews.com with an ad-blocker easily found as a free ad-on to your internet browser. If you go this route, we ask that you please make a purchase from our online store or make a donation to help with costs.
- If you enjoy the content on this website, which is supported by advertisements, please disable your ad blocker and click on the ads that interest you.
- Download our app for iOS and Android!
- Subscribe to our daily newsletter [signup found at the bottom of every page]
- As we prepare to launch a subscription-based model, please take the simple 2 question survey below! (click here if not working)
Thank you for your support!
Creator and Editor