German Jihadist Returns from Syria – Says Multiple Attacks Planned in Europe
A former ISIS fighter captured in Germany said the Islamic State is actively planning large-scale attacks in Europe.
The son of Ghanaian immigrant parents was radicalized in prison then left to join the Islamic State earlier this year.
Russia Today reported:
A German Islamist who fought with Islamic State has been telling the German authorities that the terrorist group is actively planning attacks in Germany and Europe. The man added that the jihadist organization is aggressively trying to swell its numbers.
Harry S. was arrested in Bremen on July 20 after fleeing Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) and returning home to Germany, saying that he could no longer tolerate the group’s violence.
Since then, he has been providing the authorities with vital and shocking information about the terrorist group, Spiegel Online reports.
The 27-year-old spent around three months with IS. His lawyer Udo Wurtz says now “he wants to come clean.”